It comes as no surprise this has been a challenging year for our students. Many students are doing their education online, while for others who do not have online access, their education comes through a packet of worksheets the teachers prepare for them to complete at home. It’s clearly not a best-case scenario, but thanks to the diligent efforts of our staff and teachers, our students are still getting an education.
As sponsors, you are a huge support system to these students. You are making it possible for the students to continue getting an education, no matter what it looks like in these challenging times. While we hope to resume a more normal educational experience this fall, in addition to your sponsorship payments, there are additional ways you can support our students right now.
Here are three practical ways you can support students right now:
- Write. Students love to receive mail from their sponsors. You can write online using our donor portal or send a handwritten letter to our office in Indiana and we will send it with the next group that travels to the DR. Letters provide a bridge between you and your student by giving you an opportunity to provide valuable encouragement, scripture verses and pictures of you and your family. Read the full letter writing instructions and tips here.
- Pray. There is no better gift you can give your sponsored student than to pray for them. Here are a few specific things to pray about:
- That they would know Jesus and accept Him as their Savior
- That their physical needs are met … food, shelter, safety
- That they have opportunities to grow and have hope for their futures
- Purchase an Impact Gift. With the much-anticipated opening of our new school this fall, there are many items needed to provide a quality, Christ-centered education for our students. Your gift will empower, educate and equip students who need it most. Purchasing a gift is fast, easy, and will make a lasting impact in our student’s lives. You can view the catalog here.
Thank you for your continued support of 2nd Mile Missions and the families we serve in the Dominican Republic!