SUPERVISOR: Nancy Wildman
2 year commitment
PURPOSE: To understand the social, economic and spiritual needs of the students and families of 2nd Mile Education Center.
- Must be fluent in both English and Spanish or willing to attend language school
- College degree required.
- Degree in Social Work, Psychology or Education preferred.
- Experience working with children, preferably in a school setting.
- Highly organized with strong administrative skills.
- Passion for helping the poor and disadvantaged.
- Maintains a consistent relationship with God and has a passion to point others to Christ through his/her life.
Works directly with DR Social Worker
- Evaluate the economic and physical needs of each student/family through home visits, interviews, current files and/or discussions with school staff.
- Oversee acceptance of new students so that they comply with the economic needs status.
- Prepare exit reports of children who leave the school
- Create opportunities to teach about health and nutrition with students and families
- Assess needs of families within the school. Make recommendations for further assistance.
- Work with DR Social worker in distributing donations to most needy students. Make a record of all incoming and outgoing donations
- Monitor attendance of all students. Work with classroom teachers when problems in attendance arise.
- Monitor discipline issues of students, making recommendations for intervention (work with area coordinator, principal and classroom teachers)
- Meet regularly with the school Psychologist to provide assistance in helping at risk students
For more information or to apply contact Nancy Wildman