2nd Mile Missions is a Christian ministry focused on providing educational, spiritual and nutritional enrichment for children in the Dominican Republic. We believe that taking care of a child’s basic needs in a loving, nurturing environment will help children stuck in poverty become productive, independent adults.
PURPOSE: Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. Oversees finances of 2nd Mile Missions in the Dominican Republic. This position is a full-time position in Bavaro, Dominican Republic.
- College degree in Accounting or related field
- Self-starter, proactive, willing to ask questions and learn
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- 3+ years of accounting experience in a medium to large size business preferred
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures
- Maintains financial integrity in all work performed by following internal controls. Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents
- Facilitate monthly close procedure
- Prepare (or review) monthly account reconciliations
- Summarizes monthly (in U.S format) current financial status by collecting information; preparing a balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports for the House of Hope
- Assists with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances. Requires working knowledge of Quickbooks.
- Prepares special financial reports when required by the Directors and Boards
- Complies with local legal requirements as well as US legal requirements of financial processes, systems and procedures
- Coordinates payroll for HOH and 2nd Mile Missions employees paid in the DR.
- Maintains small accounts/loans/funds
- Monitors budgets and expenditures of building projects
- Maintains financial integrity in all work performed
- Other projects assigned
- Oversees the implementation of the human resources policies, procedures and practices
- Monitors the calendar of vacation days and salaries for each employee
- Maintains a file on each DR employee with info about salaries, vacations, etc.
- Verifies that all new staff have completed their health screening and appropriate training for their position
Compensation based on experience
Contact Nancy Wildman for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org