General Manager, Vida Plena
Based in Bavaro, Dominican Republic
Vida Plena is the part of 2nd Mile Missions focused on artisan trade training, dignified employment, and micro-finance. We work specifically with single mothers in the poor communities of El Hollo and Monte Verde with the ultimate goal of helping them to flourish physically, emotionally, economically, and spiritually. The workshop is our context to love and serve this marginalized and vulnerable group. Check out www.2ndmilemissions.org/vida-plena for more information.
- Work closely with the local staff supervisor and accountant to manage daily operations of the workshop including:
- Quality control for all products in production
- Continual improvement of process and product.
- Inventory management
- Human resource for a group of 12-20 women.
- Drive growth and influence of the workshop and trade school through:
- Maintaining and opening new sales channels locally in the DR
- Working with US-based sales director to open new sales channels locally in the US
- Sustaining and refining the marketing strategy
- Partnering with outside supporters to scale business and distribute internationally
- Work with the local Trade School instructor(s) to:
- Create and plan trade training programs relevant to the needs of the community.
- Develop and execute personal growth plans for the women working in Vida Plena by providing or supporting:
- Access to legal support for completing any unfinished immigration documentation
- Access to free or subsidized Spanish or English Language courses
- Outside job opportunities with local partner businesses
We are looking for a Christ-follower with proven or potential leadership qualities who feels a calling to serve the “least of these” in the Dominican Republic. Functional knowledge of Spanish is required. Local tutoring in Spanish is available. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and capable of managing several projects at a time.
Compensation will be composed of a fixed salary component that will likely need to be supplemented by raising his/her own support as a missionary with 2nd Mile Missions. An estimated budget for living expenses will be provided as a guide and the candidate will be fully supported in the process of raising funds.
US phone: 574-307-0450