SUPERVISOR: Jr. High/High School Principal
2 year commitment
PURPOSE: This position will be responsible to teach English to 7th-12th graders in a professional manner while being respectful of culture and characteristics of the students in the classroom.
- B.S. in Education with at least 3 years of teaching experience and valid teaching license.
- Fluency in the Spanish language (language school may be required).
- Highly organized with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Willing to be flexible, teachable, with leadership skills appropriate for implementing new ideas.
- Maintains a consistent relationship with God and has a passion to point others to Christ through his/her life.
- Instructs students in subject matter, utilizing various teaching methods, such as lecture and demonstration, technology, and other materials to supplement presentations.
- Prepares teaching outline for course of study, assigns lessons, and corrects homework papers.
- Evaluates student progress in a variety of ways, records results, and issues reports to inform parents of progress.
- Keeps attendance records.
- Maintains discipline in the classroom, throughout the building, and on the school campus while performing related duties.
- Participates in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops. Accrues additional educational credits as necessary for licensing.
- Performs related duties, assisting pupils in selecting course of study and counseling them in adjustment and academic problems, and conducting field trips.
- Possesses interpersonal skills relating to students, colleagues, and parents.
- Willing to receive constructive feedback from administration when necessary.
- Maintains confidentiality in all matters.
For more information or to apply, contact Mason McIntyre