SUPERVISOR: Nancy Wildman
2 year commitment
PURPOSE: To carry out the goals and tasks of the Sponsorship program from the Dominican Republic. To improve the communication between sponsors and students, encouraging a more meaningful relationship.
- Must be fluent in both English and Spanish or willing to attend language school
- College degree preferred, High School diploma required.
- Highly organized with strong administrative skills.
- Experience with children preferred.
- Maintains a consistent relationship with God and has a passion to point others to Christ through his/her life.
- Oversee student to sponsor communication
- Help students write two cards per year (Christmas and May thank you
- Help students write letters to sponsors that have written letters to them
- Complete New student profiles each fall
- Take individual and classroom photos each fall
- Name each individual photo for home office and upload to dropbox
- Take all staff photos and upload to dropbox with names
- Keep student lists updated with the school and home office
- Create a new master list each fall
- Reassign new students to sponsors who lost their child
- Research reasons why students have left the school
- Create profiles on each student (work with Social Worker)
- Upload info into REACH
- Social Media posts: 2 per week
- Lead monthly birthday parties
- Coordinate with home office for lists and birthday cards
- Choose a different small gift for preschool, elementary and high school
- Order food and plan games
- Keep track of expenses
- Take photos and upload to dropbox
- Coordinate and distribute any special donations for the school
- Brainstorm ideas for Christmas sponsor donations
- Periodically make needed donation ideas available (backpacks, books, shoes, etc)
- Coordinate and lead sponsor visit to the school
- Coordinate details of the visit
- Hand out visitor packets
- Follow up after the visit
- Attend Graduation—wrap gifts for each student and distribute prior to graduation day, take photos at graduation to upload and share with sponsors via email
- Help write any newsletters or emails as needed
- Coordinate everything with the director of engagement in home office