We now have spots available for our 2020 trips! Complete the form below for more information.
The greatest way to understand the need and see the impact of education and spiritual enrichment in the lives of impoverished children is to experience it firsthand. Awareness trips are a powerful way to learn, serve and make an even greater impact.
Awareness trips take place several times a year and are open to sponsors, donors and anyone who is interested in partnering with us or serving the needs of 2nd Mile Missions. The average cost of a trip is $1300, although this may vary based on travel costs at the time of your specific trip.
A typical awareness trip looks something like this:
- Spend time in the classroom working with students to create cards for their sponsors, or some other sponsor related activity.
- If you are a sponsor, you will have dedicated time to meet your sponsored child and further engage in relationship building.
- Spend time in the House of Hope playing games, making connections and assisting them with a sponsor related activity.
- Visit the slums and poor neighborhoods to meet the children and conduct bible study lessons.
- Complete a light construction or painting project.
- Attend local church services to fully immerse yourself in the local culture.
- Spend time praying for the Education Center, House of Hope, local churches and the people of the Dominican Republic with your team.
- Enjoy time spent eating meals, playing cards and furthering connections with friends and staff of the Education Center, House of Hope and Church of God for the Nations.
“It has rocked my world and my faith. I’ve managed to go back two more times since my first trip. The Lord reveals something new to me every time I go. I’ve cried, laughed, made life long friendships and have the most amazing memories. If I could give any advice to someone who is considering it, or on the fence, please don’t wait any longer! The Lord has so much to show you so take that leap of faith. I promise you won’t regret it.”